Thursday, January 05, 2006

Power to the People!

7 comments:

Paulyester said...

Dorsey had this rubber King Kong thing that looks similar to this photo on her tree in the back yard. I always wondered how it came to be there, and for how long?

Carolyn said...

Enough with the gorillas! They are creepy!

Leslie said...

I remember that thing!!!! AUGHHHH! It was so scary and rubbery!

Carolyn said...

What are you guys talking about?

Paulyester said...

Carolyn, you were just a wee lass, and you may not remember Dorsie's gardens that stretched out for what seemed like acres. Right outside the back door, was a huge tree. tacked on that tree, oh about 2 1/2 ft. high was hanging a rubber King Kong, that resembles the one in the photo. It might have come to be there before I was even born.

Carolyn said...

How random!

AceyDeucy said...

Rubber Gorilla Paul refers to was placed in the Avocodo tree by Ace, my dad, for no other reason than to have it hang there. I'd say it was in '76, shortly after Paul's arrival into the world, but it may have been earlier. Who knew?