Saturday, October 01, 2005

The life of a film actress

My call time today was 3:00 p.m. The location? A health club in Thousand Oaks, California. Hoping to get a head start (and be professional by being there early), I left Los Angeles at twenty to 2:00. As I sailed past Studio City at 2:00, I got a phone call from Laura.

"Hi, Leslie? This is Laura from the 'Feeling Fat' production. We wanted to push back your call time to 5:30. Great! Thanks!"

I pulled off the freeway at Ventura Boulevard, wondering what I should do for the next three and a half hours. I decided to visit my good friend, Marisa. Flashing my left turn signal off the freeway, I dialed her number. Her voicemail answered.

"Hi, Marisa, it's Leslie! I'm in the area, wondering what you're doing. Give me a call".

I continued to drive around Marisa' Studio City apartment complex for the next few minutes, searching for her car, but to no avail. I decided to go home.

4:00 rolls around, and I'm ready to get back into my car to drive back up to Thousand Oaks. My cell phone rang.

"Hi, Leslie? The is Laura from the 'Feeling Fat' production. I just got off the phone with Zena [writer/director], and we want to push your call time back to MIDNIGHT. Great! Thanks!"

13 comments:

M.S. said...

Is this a true story?
Haha!
Laura is nocturnal!

Unknown said...

You'll be feeling skinny by midnight! Or perhaps, "Feeling Asleep?"

Unknown said...

Well, Lester, how did it go?

Carolyn said...

They probably kept calling her all through the night telling her to come at different times. She's probably there right now! hee hee!
What's wrong with Laura anyways?

Carolyn said...

Have you guys been to Paul's blog lately? I just posted a comment on worcestireasdlkhsdgwkje... however you spell it!!!!

Leslie said...

Marisa went with me! It was hilarious. We were in and out in two and a half hours, but didn't get to bed until 3:45 a.m. I woke up at 11:00. Going back today at 5:45 p.m. - with Marisa!

Unknown said...

HEY! I forgot about Paul's Blog. I should check it out. COOL, Lester....Sounds like fun.

Carolyn said...

Does Marisa get to be in it?

Leslie said...

Marisa was in it for a wee bit part. I was in it a lot more yesterday, but I got home at 2:30 a.m. and was TARD today.

Leslie said...

Check it: http://www.onegoat.net/projects.html

This is the film.

Carolyn said...

Cool. I looked at that website. So it's only gonna be 15 minutes long?

Paulyester said...

Maybe the goat people want to make my film for me?

Carolyn said...

Goat people?