Sunday, October 02, 2005

Fatty's Restaurant Review

Fatty's has always been a favorite in our household. We frequented once a week, and we loved the casual atmosphere. You would walk in, order your food at the counter, get a number and find a table. The food was EXCELLENT, which kept us coming back.

For some reason, however, the style of service, atmosphere and hours has changed at this restaurant. You can no longer order your food (yourself) in a quick, efficient manner. You must wait for a table (the sign screams, "Please wait for fair and balanced seating assignation"). If you're thirsty for water, there's no serving yourself. You have to wait for a server to attend to you, which really varies. More often than not, your server is overworked, frazzled, and EXTREMELY familiar with the phrase: "I wish I could do something about it, but I can't." Be prepared to wait over an hour for your food to arrive, and another half hour to receive your bill.

Another problem is that the hours have changed drastically. Fatty's used to be closed only on Tuesdays - along with the other competing restaurants along Colorado Blvd. They used to be open in the morning, serving their great selection of healthy, vegetarian breakfasts. Now they are only open for FIVE hours a day - from 5-10 p.m. Wednesday through Friday. Forget breakfast and lunch -dinner only, folks. Saturdays their hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., and Sunday they have brunch hours - 10:30 to 3:00 p.m.

I MOURN the loss of the old Fatty's. I had such a bad experience today that my husband and I left before receiving our food (we waited 45 minutes). The table behind us complained that they were in hurry and needed to get their food. "I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do," was the response. Another couple sat down and quickly realized that they would not be receiving service in a timely manner, so they left and went to Café Beaujolais next door (which, by the way, is excellent).

It seems that the new approach at Fatty's is not generated towards good customer service. The food is good - that keeps people coming back - so we can scrimp on service, hours and overall attitude. Simply put: their restaurant should be called "Snotty's".

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love to mourn the loss of old fatty (my blubber, that is.)

Carolyn said...

I have never heard of Fatty's.

Mama came home today! YAY!

Leslie said...

Check it out: http://blogging.la/archives/2004/08/fattys_co.phtml

But ignore "Dave Ray's" foul language use. Naughty, naughty, bad, bad.

Carolyn said...

Let's eat at Mr. Monks on Hollywood boulevard. Marilee owns this restaurant.

Carolyn said...

The Popcorn Kitten. That is the title of the conceit I wrote for my American Lit. class.
wow, I sound smart!

Carolyn said...

wait, I am smart! hahahahahahahahahahha
except in math. When will I ever use algebra after high school? and what's the point of geometry?

Carolyn said...

Marilee is rambling on about a "traveler who sees the light". She's singing it in a song and it's funny!

Carolyn said...

Hey Leslieolita!
Do you have any US Weeklys? =)

Leslie said...

Yes. Two. Will drop them off.

M.S. said...

I have a bad sore on my tounge. I have allergies right now and I have been sneezing really hard all day. OY! So I guess I bit my lip one of the times that I sneezed.

Carolyn said...

OY! I'm the crocodile hunter!