Drowning
You suck up too much water
dust or debris
suddenly you can't breathe
or cannot even see.
Your mind goes through shock
as you sink to the floor.
Who will help you?
Who will save you?
This certainly can't be true!
You're dying in a sea of thoughts
as life drifts away
everything has hopelessly dissolved
and death is here to stay.

30 comments:
She wrote this poem in the 6th grade for some poetry project.
How creepy is that poem!?!?!?!?!?
I was looking at the archives on this blog and laughing my head off. We are really funny, if I do say so myself.
And Paul used to comment a lot on here but he never does anymore.
I was in 6th grade when I wrote that. It's stupid!
it's excellent and far beyond the thought/emotion processes of any 6th grader i've ever known!!!!
carolyn, you are right -- we are hilarious -- i've been looking back too...the funniest is the bathrobe/bigfoot connection.
oh, and by the way, paul;s computer is broken....as is my hand....boo
oh, about the poem -- it seems perfect and timely....it could easily be the words of a certain guy walking around Beruit today.
Charlie isn't as deep as Marilee... he couldn't come up with a deep poem like hers.
what i meant was the words are applicable to his situation.....right?
Well, when he was texting Leslie he didn't seem too worried. He said he found Putney's brother!
hope he doesn't bring him home (Putney's bro)
Where's Leslie? Leslie, have you gone into hiding because this cloudy weather is making you depressed?
i have been wondering this too, but i don't think it's cloudy weather....more like worry.
I haven't seen Charlie's news site yet. Nothing has been broadcasted yet, right?
they mailed the tape to the usa yesterday from syria.
I've been collaborating with King Lear, the creator of "Winnie the Pooh" and the director of "Spiderman". Cloudy weather, be gone!
I have a joke:
What do Winnie the Pooh and Spiderman have in common?
LESLIE!!!!!
actually, nevermind. I don't know what the answer is.
i've been collaborating too, but i'm not telling with whom!!!
Is it Spiderpoo? Pooman?
Did you know Visalia is one of the top places to get your car stolen?
really? Glad I have mine parked in the garage!
Leslie, post your draft already! I wanna read it.
I watched Super Nanny last night. It was the single mom with 5 kids including 2 sets of twins. They were crazy!!!!!!!!!
Supernanny didn't use the naughty mat this time but she did use the "thinking pond".
Hey Leslie...How is Charlie doing? Have you heard from him? I keep trying to see if the reports are on Current TV.
We are leaving for WA State tomorrow, so if you drop by, the kitten is locked into the house and the new kids next door are supervising the place.
Rosemary, do you know where Leslie went?
By the way, we're in Oregon right now...
YA, where is Leslie?
*chanting* We want leslie!
By the way , here's my cheapo postcard:
Greetings from Oregon!
<*picture of a VERY cute chipmunk on a mountain*>
HA HA!!!!!!!!
ok, I guess the question now is WHERE IS ROSEMARY?
Here I am! Are you having fun in Oregon? I'll bet it's beautiful!!! Charlie is on the road to Damascus (just like Paul the Apostle) He will be in Damascus for a couple of days, then on to Amman, Jordan, then HOME!!!!! YEAH. Then we can handcuff him to HOME. Leslie is at Hume Lake (in mountains above me)...she is with her childhood friend having a relaxing weekend -- she used to spend a lot of time at Hume with Joy as a girl. This is a trip back in time. She is out of cell phone range, so I'm handling the text messages from Charlie and calling her on a landline there. Happy Birthday to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday to me and to Charlie (different days, but where he is, it's already the 14th)....so we celebrated at the same time!!!!
Charlie doesn't know it yet, but he's getting a ball and chain for his birthday.
Post a Comment