Saturday, May 27, 2006

Happy Memorial Day (weekend)!

Hello, everyone!

Happy 3-day weekend...Memorial Day, all that good stuff. What is everyone up to?

I will be leading a warm-up for the Fiesta Days 5K and 10K run/walk at 6:30 a.m. (UGH!) Monday. Then, I'll participate in the 5K run. I've got a callback at 2:50 p.m. for "Tick...Tick...Boom" (check out www.ticktickboomthemusical.com). It's for an understudy role, but the director is big-time, and I'm very excited about the possibility of doing the show.

Lord-willing, of course.

Then, at 5:00, we're going to a BBQ at Kathy and Curt Gibson's house. They're our friends from church, and they got a St. Bernard because they loved Chester so much! Chester will enjoy his first-ever playdate with another St. Bernard (Bentley). Good times will be had by all -- canines included.

That's the haps for me and Charlie for now. Keep him in your prayers as he will depart for Cali, Colombia on Wednesday (May 31).

17 comments:

Carolyn said...

Why is he going to Colombia?

Leslie said...

Charlie is going to Colombia to write an article for a New York magazine. Whoo, hoo!

I have a callback on Monday for "Tick...Tick...BOOM!" Aughhh! I want to get that part (well, understudy, anyway) SO BAAAD!

Unknown said...

I'm spending the weekend filling nail holes with spackle.

Carolyn said...

Cool... are you using that purple spackle that turns clear? That stuff is cool.

Anonymous said...

I'm working the 5K/10K Registration for Roseanne on Monday morning and I have to be there at 5:45 am. Good luck on the run --- you will get a medal and your name in the paper, Les. Then we are going to the big Memorial Day Parade where everyone in town is in the parade and a few spectators line the street. Dad wants to ride his Harley down the boulevard!

Leslie said...

Hey, I'll see you there, Linda! :)

Unknown said...

I didn't know about the purple spackle! All I know is that the white stuff really dried out my fingers and now they hurt. Maybe the purple stuff would have been easier on the skin!

Have fun in the parade, you guys! Maybe there will be a lady with purple fingers as a spectator!

Leslie said...

Will she be smelling like a petting zoo?

M.S. said...

Haha!
I wish Charlie could come for my birthday next week- he'd like all the horses!

Carolyn said...

The horses would wonder why he is so tall. Ha! I bet he looks funny on a horse.

Unknown said...

Yes, and his breath might smell like a petting zoo.

M.S. said...

He pet a zoo with his mouth then?

Carolyn said...

Ewww...

Leslie said...

Yes. Charlie is, in fact, a petting zoo. Today there is a discount rate: $5.00 for admission!

Carolyn said...

That just reminded me of something but I forgot what it was. I hate it when that happens!!!!

Unknown said...

What did you forget? To brush your teeth?

Carolyn said...

Ewww, why would I forget to brush my teeth?
No, it was like a deja vu kinda thing.(I don't know how you spell that)