In math class, we are doing rate problems. When I was talking to Millie, I told her that math problems in the book should be more...intresting. I made these problems up. If you can actually solve #2 then you are amazing.
HAHA
1. The lead elephant can trample a tent in 1 minute. If his elephant girlfriend can trample a tent in 2 minutes, and there are fifty tents, how long will it take them both to trample the lot?
2. A radioactive panther can eat a man in .05 seconds. If the panther multiplies himself by 2 every time he finishes eating 1 man, how long will it take the panthers to eat every man on the planet? (6 billion people-oh and that is not counting the time it takes to get to each person)
"Now THAT'S what the math books should be publishing
instead of just Bob and Lisa going to the market!"
3. Bob and Lisa went to the market. They brought 5 other friends with them. The market is 160 meters away. A radioactive panther can run at a speed of 40 meters/second. if the panther at their house spots them when they are 90m away from home (with his lazer vision) and runs to eat them, how long will it take the panther to reach them? What is the probability that Lisa will be killed when the panther will only eat 2 people? What about Bob?
(And the panther lost his ability to multiply himself)

9 comments:
2. Panther problem: After the radioactive panther eats the first man, he decides there is much finer cuisine, and STOPS. He drives by In and Out Burger and switches to COWS.
EVERYONE KNOWS SPENCERS CAN'T DO MATH
Hooray for Marilee's random word problems!!!!
Sometimes I can solve equations, but word problems are impossible.
hee hee!
WHERE IS LESLIE!?!?!?!?!?
She's solving the metaphoric math problem of her life.
heehe
Does that even make sense?
DUH we are ALL math stupidpeople! haha
Here I am, but I was VERY turned off by that math problem. It's like a disease with us people.
Leslie has been involved in math problems of her own. She is trying to figure out how to fit 47 hours of work into 24 hours of day.
seriously.
HAhaha
Post a Comment